Call TODAY to attend our next SEMINAR - 361 985-9500
Procedure Performed in Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi LAP-BAND
Advantages • Least invasive approach • No stomach stapling, cutting or intestinal rerouting • Adjustable • Reversible • Lowest operative complications rate • Low malnutrition risk
Disadvantages • Slower initial weight loss (1 to 2 lbs per week) than gastric bypass • Regular follow up critical for optimal results
Risk The LAP-BAND® procedure is the safest weight loss surgery method. Every surgical procedure, however, has general risks, as well as specific risks. The decision to proceed with weight loss surgery needs to be evaluated against overall risk. Our extensive and comprehensive patient screening process is designed to determine a patient's suitability for the LAP-BAND® procedure. Upon completion of this process a personal meeting with the doctor will be arranged to discuss your suitability for the procedure and the risks.
Guidelines for the LAP-BAND® procedure
• Body Mass Index (BMI) is at least 40
• Weigh at least 60 pounds more than your ideal weight
• BMI is at least 35 and you are suffering from serious health problems
• At least 18 years old
• Have a history of being overweight
• Have made serious attempts to lose weight, but have had only short term success
• Do not have any other disease that could have caused you to be overweight
• Do not drink alcohol in excess
Click button Your height and weight is the only information required.